Here is a step by step description of what you need to do:
1. The morning of your lesson, your teacher will email you an invitation to the “meeting”.
2. Before your scheduled lesson time, please make sure you:
- Have a good working internet connection.
- Have your instrument tuned.
- Have your music, pencil and notebook close by.
- Have a metronome and tuning app accessible. If you are using the same device for Zoom and this too, find a solution so that we can use them at the same time.
- Use the device with the biggest screen you have for the lesson. You need to be able to see the teacher clearly. Phones should be a last resource.
- Check your camera angle so that the teacher can see the full bow and instrument.
- If the parent is usually in the lesson, then the parent should be with the student. Make sure you can see the teacher too. Just as in the studio, please avoid other distractions, including your mobile phone. The teacher will be relying heavily on the parent for hands on assistance.
- If the parent is normally absent from the lesson, the student needs to be in a distraction free environment.
3. When you are ready, about 5-10 minutes before your lesson time, join the meeting by clicking on the “Join Meeting” on the invitation. You will be placed in a virtual waiting room and the teacher will know you are there. You will remain muted, until the teacher unmutes you at your assigned lesson time.
4. This is the time to check some last minute settings. In the bottom left of the screen make sure your audio and camera is unlocked. Remember the teacher needs to unmute you when she is done with the previous student.Click the up arrow next to microphone.