Suzuki Early Childhood Education (SECE)
Sunday, August 12 to Friday, August 17
Suzuki Early Childhood Education
Prenatal Through Early Years, Stage One
with Dorothy Jones (ON)
This course emphasizes the development of a child from birth through age three.
This course introduces:
- The importance of the Suzuki approach to early education.
- The prenatal and postnatal learning environment.
- The Baby/Toddler class curriculum and goals.
- The equipment used in class.
- The team teaching approach.
- The sequence of the Baby/Toddler class curriculum.
- Teaching strategies.
- A brief introduction to prenatal music stimulation.
Participants will gain confidence in how to develop a Suzuki early childhood education program and participate in discussion of the following:
How to Set Up
- Suzuki baby classes with parental involvement.
- Short Term Prenatal Classe
How to Establish
- Team teaching
- Parent Education
How to implement successful ongoing documentation
- Weekly anecdotal reporting.
- Reporting to parents.
How to help parents in their critical role
- As the first and most important teacher.
- As a role model.
- As an observer of their children.
- You will take home examples of curriculum layering and book lists. You will find resources that will assist you, including baby recordings and books for parents, “hands on” materials, handouts for parents, and professionally produced video tapes.
For additional information on this course, visit: www.suzukiece.com
Prerequisites: Secondary School Diploma; Minimum age 17; Completion of Every Child Can!; Current SAA active membership.
Prerequisite Reading and Listening:
- Suzuki, Shinichi. Nurtured By Love. Miami. FL: Summy-Birchard, Inc.
- Suzuki, Shinichi. Ability Development from Age Zero. Miami, FL: Summy-Birchard, Inc.
- Jones, Dorothy. Lullabies, Actions Songs and Rhymes. Handbook and CD.
Hours: 30 hours of class time, including the Baby/Toddler class. Daily class assignments are given each trainee. Each trainee has an opportunity to lead an activity in the daily Baby/Toddler class during the training week.
Registration: Sunday at 11:30 am. Course starts at 12 noon on Sunday and ends early Friday afternoon.
Cost: $625 CDN