Based on the successful Teaching Strategies
offered in conjunction with every unit in Latin American Suzuki teacher courses, Violin Unit 2 with Strategies
is both a Book 2 level teacher development course AND a pedagogy masterclass. As an integrated course, Violin Unit 2 with Strategies
offers participants an unparalleled opportunity to deepen their understanding of Book 2 teaching as they examine and grow their own teaching skills.
Comprising 25 hours of online class time plus 8 hours of online observation, Violin Unit 2 with Teaching Strategies
covers topics relevant to Book 2 Suzuki teaching:
- Relationships within the “Suzuki Triangle” and the Suzuki studio/program
- Importance of listening and review as essential components of Suzuki education
- Book 1 skills necessary for success in Book 2
- Book 2 skills, both as continued development of skills learned in Book 1, and as new skills introduced in Book 2.
- Book 1 & 2 skills necessary for success in Book 3 and beyond
The “Teaching Strategies” component offers participants an invaluable opportunity to receive personal feedback on their own teaching from an experienced SAA-registered teacher trainer, through excerpts of prerecorded lessons from their home studios, and in online teaching situations provided “live” online. Participants should be prepared to show in class two or more prerecorded excerpts of lessons or group classes they have taught.